- Archer Brighton Jack Utility Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Tumi Harrison Archer Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Knomo Hudson Leather Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Timbuk2 Cask Laptop Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Matt & Nat Dean Vintage Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Briggs & Riley Atwork Medium Multi Pocket Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Jack Spade Cargo Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Skagen Kroyer Twill Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- SOLO Executive Laptop Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Rains Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
Our top 10 picks for the best backpacks for work that are professional yet stylish. We review the best business laptop backpacks, business casual backpacks and sophisticated backpacks to wear with a suit.
Best business laptop backpacks
Shopping for a business laptop backpack that is office appropriate can be tricky if you don’t know all of your options. A laptop backpack with too many bells and whistles can leave you looking unprofessional. But a stylish backpack that looks clean and professional can sometimes lack the features needed for comfortable laptop carry. Here we review our top picks for the best business laptop backpacks that are the best of both worlds in terms of sophistication of style.
Briggs & Riley AtwOrk Medium Multi Pocket Backpack Review
Briggs & Riley set out to make a professional backpack that is an organizational goliath with their Atwork Backpack. With multiple compartments and organizational pockets this backpack is made for everyday work carry and travel. Briggs & Riley offers a lifetime warranty on this backpack that even includes airline damage.
This backpack is made of premium materials like a durable ballistic nylon body, leather-like accents and all metal hardware. With features like these it’s no wonder the Briggs & Riley Artwork is considered one of the best business laptop backpacks.
- Dimensions: 17 x 13 x 6 inches
- Padded sleeve for a laptop up to 15.6 inches
- Multiple easy to access compartments and organizers
- Smaller pocket with RFID blocking lining to protect passports and wallets inside.
- Simple as that® Lifetime warranty
Knomo Hudson Leather Backpack Review
The Knomo Hudson backpack is an office backpack for men that exudes sophistication with it’s sleek modern design and premium materials. We love that Knomo designed this backpack with functionality in mind.
The backpack is compact and does not look too bulky even when full but the inside compartments are perfect for carrying all of your daily office essentials. The bag even has a water-resistant zip pocket on the side especially made for important small items like your phone, keys or passport. The bag is made of premium leather which gives it a mature look that is perfect for the office. The Knomo Hudson leather backpack is by far one of our favorite office backpacks for men.
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 11.8 x 3.5 inches
- Laptop sleeve fits laptop up to 15 inches
- Built in RFID blocker lining
- Generous main compartment with organizational pockets
- Easy access zip pocket on the side large enough to carry a phone, wallet or passport
- Padded shoulder straps for extra comfort
- Modern leather flap design for hassle free access to the main compartment.
SOLO Executive Laptop Backpack Review
Solo offers up a great office laptop backpack with their Executive series. Although one of the most affordable backpacks on the list, it’s feels and looks extremely well made. It’s structured silhouette looks great with business casual or office wear.
With multiple pockets and compartments for a laptop, tablet and other work items you can really tell that attention was payed to everyday needs and utility. Overall the Solo Executive laptop backpack is a stylish men’s bag that cuts no corners in functionality.
- Dimensions: 17 x 12.5 x 6 inches
- Laptop sleeve fits laptop up to 15.6 inches
- Multiple front pockets including two snap button pockets
- Comfortable: Padded shoulder straps and back
- Dual zippers in the main compartments for quick and easy access.
Business casual backpacks
The best business casual backpacks are a cross between sophisticated design and on-trend style. These stylish men's backpacks for work are functional enough to fit all of your daily office essentials but mature enough for a business casual setting.
Timbuk2 Cask Laptop Backpack Review
Timbuk2 is known for their high quality backpacks and stylish designs. The Cask Laptop Backpack is beautifully crafted bag made of waxed canvas with premium leather accents throughout. It’s clasped front pocket gives it a modern urban look common in many satchel bags.
The backpack's main features are geared towards utility with a padded sleeves for a 15” Macbook and iPad, expandable side pockets for water bottles and organizer pockets through out. The Timbuk2 Cask backpack is the perfect mix of urban explorer meets practical office backpack.
- Dimensions: 18.3 x 11 x 4.5 inches
- Padded laptop sleeve for Macbook up to 15 inches
- Expandable side pockets for water bottles or umbrellas
- Internal organizer for keys, wallet and other smaller accessories.
- Made of high quality genuine leather and waxed canvas
Matt & Nat Dean Vintage Backpack Review
The Dean Vintage by Matt & Nat is a modern men’s backpack that will sharpen up any office look. Made with recycled nylon lining, this backpack is constructed out of natural sustainable materials that give it a high quality look and feel that rivals similar leather backpacks.
The backpack features a deep main pocket with an accompanying 13” padded laptop sleeve. Front and side pockets allow for even more storage without adding too much bulk to the profile when worn. Anyone looking for a stylish men’s backpack should consider the Matt & Nat Dean Vintage as their go-to work backpack.
- Dimensions: 12 x 16 x 7 inches
- Padded sleeve for laptop up to 13 inches
- Top zipper access to main compartment
- Slit pockets on side
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Sustainable: Made with 100% recycled nylon lining
Skagen Kroyer Twill Backpack Review
Skagen is known for their modern minimalist high end designs. The Kroyer Twill features a modern yet mature backpack that would compliment any business casual outfit. The backpack is made of a water resistant coated twill with sophisticated leather accents in the top handle, zipper pull tabs and shoulder straps.
As for everyday functionality you can expect a padded laptop sleeve, plenty of pockets for smaller items and a main compartment that zips 3/4 around the body for easy access to the contents inside. It’s minimalist design and practical utility makes the Skagen Kroyer Twill an ideal backpack for work.
- Dimensions: 11.81 x 5.12 x 17.72 inches
- Padded sleeve for laptop up to 15 inches
- 2 zip side pockets
- Zip pocket in the back that becomes hidden when the backpack is worn
- Made of water resistant coated twill
- Premium leather shoulder straps and top handle
Jack Spade Cargo Backpack Review
The Jack Spade Cargo is a thoughtfully designed backpack that has tons of great features like a padded laptop sleeve and useful internal organizational pockets for daily essentials. Instead of the traditional side pockets the Cargo backpack has an internal water bottle pocket in the main compartment. This feature allows the outside of the backpack looking clean and sleek with minimal ornamentation.
It's minimalist silhouette makes it a great business casual backpack that will look professional whether you dress up or down at the office. Commuters will be glad to know that outer shell is made out of a Cordura, a durable fabric that is more resistant to tears and rips. Jack Spade has really designed a quality backpack for men that is tough, functional and incredibly stylish with their men’s Cargo backpack.
- Dimensions: 16.3 x 11.8 x 4.7
- Padded laptop sleeve and padded tech pocket for tablet or phone
- Zippered outer pocket fits an iPhone 6 and other similarly sized phones
- Made of durable and water resistant cordura fabric
- Padded shoulder straps for comfort
backpacks for working professionals
Wearing a backpack with a suit is not impossible if you have a professional looking backpack that compliments your look. Here we list our top picks of sophisticated backpacks for men that are office appropriate thanks to their minimalist designs, mature colors and quality materials.
Tumi Harrison Archer Backpack Review
The Harrison Archer backpack by Tumi is a high end bag made for those who need a professional looking backpack that has all of the common utilitarian features of a more casual travel bag. The Tumi Harrison Archer is crafted from quality leather that feels supple and gives the backpack a stylish look sleek enough to wear daily to the office.
Inside of the backpack you will find a padded laptop compartment, plenty of compartments for small items like keys and pens, and a roomy main compartment for your larger office essentials. Anyone looking for a functional backpack for suits will find the Tumi Harrison Archer well fitting in professional environment.
- Dimensions: 17.76 x 12.25 x 5.75 inches
- Padded sleeve for a laptop up to 15 inches
- Leather wrapped shoulder straps. Adjustable and padded for comfort.
- Exterior made of supple leather. Interior is lined. High quality stitching throughout
- Generous main compartment.
- 2 medium sized front zip pockets and smaller zip pockets on the sides.
Archer Brighton Jake Utility Backpack Review
The Jack Utility backpack from Archer Brighton is a beautifully crafted backpack with a sleek minimalist exterior that is jammed packed with functional features inside. It’s sophisticated design and slim profile is why we chose it as top pick for backpacks to wear with a suit. It’s internal utility makes it a great go-to everyday backpack that will have everything you need to conquer the day.
The Jack Utility backpack has a padded laptop sleeve that can fit up to a 17” Macbook Pro. It also has a useful compartments like a separate sleeve for a full sized iPad, pen holders and a medium sized mesh pocket for laptop chargers and other loose items. One cool feature that we love is the secret pocket that can be found on the inside of the backpack for valuable items.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 11.8 x 4.7 inches
- Foam padded sleeve for a laptop up Macbook Pro up 17 inches
- Includes an additional 13” tablet sleeve
- Inside is lined with waterproof nylon to keep your valuables safe and dry
- Comfortable air-mesh leather shoulder straps
Rains Backpack Review
The Rains backpack is a stylish and sophisticated backpack for men that takes the classic rucksack design and updates it into a modern minimalist bag perfect for wearing to the office. The backpack is made out of a sleek vinyl that is water resistant, making this a great bag for urban commuters. Unlike bulkier backpacks, the Rains backpack features slim straps and a minimalist profile that will look great when paired with a suit jacket or dress shirt.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 11.4 x 4.1 inches
- Internal pocket for a laptop up to 15 inches + 1 phone pocket
- Magnetic snap button and classic rucksack strap secure front pocket.
- Made of water-resistant vinyl
- Adjustable non-padded shoulder straps