10 Best Backpacks For Tablets
- Rivacase Business Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- InCase ICON Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Kensington Triple Trek Slim Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- North Face MicroByte Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- ECBC Hercules Laptop Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- STM Drifter Laptop Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Samsonite Tectonic 2 Medium Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Solo Universal Tablet Sling (Buy on Amazon)
- High Sierra Emmett Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
As computing technology advances, more people are replacing their clunky laptops with a slimmer and lighter tablet. With the added computing power of tablets such as the iPad Pro and Surface Pro people can have the power of a laptop in a sleeker tablet form to use at work, school or while traveling. But why are so few backpacks designed with tablet pockets? We did the research to see what the options were and picked the best backpacks for tablets available right now. Whether you are looking for a backpack for your iPad, Surface Pro, or Kindle we have you covered.
Best Small Tablet Backpack
Rivacase Business Backpack for laptops and tablets
This small tablet backpack is perfect for those who need a secure way to carry their tablet during commutes to work or school. The backpack is slim but large enough to carry both a tablet and a laptop with room for cables, chargers, documents and other essentials. The tablet sleeve is lined and padded to keep it safe from bumps and scratches on your commute. We recommend this backpack to anyone who needs small tablet back for an iPad or any tablet under 10.1 inches.
- Backpack dimensions: 11.41W x 15.78H x 2.75D inches
- Fits a tablet up to 10.1 inches
- Fits a laptop up to 14 inches (or a larger tablet like the iPad Pro or Microsoft Surface)
- Secret zipper pocket for wallets or passports hidden in the back panel
- Zippered pocket for accessories, documents, cell phone in main compartment
Best Tech Carry Backpack with Tablet Pocket
InCase ICON Backpack
InCase has hit a home run for the best tech carry backpack that includes a dedicated tablet pocket. The Incase Icon features an dedicated side-access iPad pocket and plenty of other compartments for chargers, cables and tech accessories. The backpack itself has two main compartments: One for larger items such as books or binders and the second main compartment features pockets and organizers for your tech gear and accessories. Pair these great features with an ergonomic padded back and adjustable shoulder straps and you have the perfect backpack for carrying gear on the go.
- Backpack dimensions: 19 x 13 x 9 inches
- Tablet compartment can be accessed from the side
- Laptop compartment fits up to 15” Macbook Pro
- Special side pocket with cable port for charging via power bank or headphones
Best Backpack for iPad Pro and iPad Air
North Face MicroByte Backpack
The North Face MicroBytes is a tech ready backpack made for everyday carry of a tablet, laptop and accessories. The dedicated tablet pocket is located in an easy access front compartment that also features organizers for things like chargers, a phone and your Apple Pencil.
The 13” laptop compartment is separate from the rest of the bag and can also be used to carry a 12.9” iPad Pro. The laptop compartment can be opened flat for easy TSA friendly travel. This backpack is smaller in size but is ideal for anyone who carries mostly their tech gear on some other essentials during commutes. Those who need more room for books or travel gear should check out the other backpack recommendations on this list.
- Backpack Dimensions: 18.5 x 12.25 x 4 inches
- Padded dedicated tablet pocket
- Laptop compartment fits laptops up to 13” (or larger 12.9” iPad Pro)
- 17 liter backpack
Best Backpack for Surface Pro 4
Kensington Triple Trek Slim Backpack
Finding a backpack with a dedicated tablet compartment large enough for the new Microsoft Surface Pro can be a challenge. Tablet sleeves on most other backpacks do not fit a tablet larger than ten inches. Luckily we have found the Kensington Triple Trek Slim backpack that is perfect for both the Surface Pro 4 as well as smaller tablets. The fleece lined laptop sleeve on this backpack will securely hold your 12.3 inch Microsoft Surface pro and protect it from scratches and bumps. This backpack also has many essentials features needed to carry accessories such as a mouse, cables and chargers. Don’t let this small backpack fool you, there is enough room in the main compartment is to also carry a couple of books and notebooks in addition to your tech gear. The backpack even features a headphone port, hidden pocket and water bottle pocket for convenience on the go.
- Fleece lined tablet and laptop sleeves
- Tablet sleeve dimensions: 10.6 x 7.4 x 1.8
- Laptop sleeve dimensions: 13 x 9 x 1
- Surface Pro 4 & 5 will fit securely in the laptop sleeve
Best Backpacks for Tablets
For anyone looking for a backpack with a tablet pocket these following bags may be just the ticket. These backpacks make daily carry of your tablet a breeze thanks to their dedicated tablet pockets and other functional features that make them ideal for daily carry.
eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack
The Professional Slim by eBags is a roomy backpack with a tablet pocket that is perfect for business, travel or school. What we love about this backpack is both the convenience and security built into the overall design. The tablet compartment is accessed from the top of the backpack and is fleece lined to keep your tablet safe while on the go. Both the laptop and tablet compartments are kept separate from the rest of the bag and features lockable zippers for extra protection when traveling. Those who hate clutter will love the front pocket organizer that opens up like a book for access to small items. We could go on about this backpack because it’s so full of useful features but we’ll stop here and just say if you are looking for a multi-functional backpack that has it all then check out the eBags Professional Slim.
- Backpack Dimension: 18 x 12.75 x 8.5 inches
- Capacity: 21.6 Liters
- Tablet compartment: 11.5 x 8.12 inches
- Laptop Compartment: 1.5 D x 12.25 W x 16.5 H inches
- Lockable laptop and tablet compartments for security while traveling
- Special crush-proof “garage” pocket for fragile items or electronics.
ECBC Hercules Laptop Backpack
The ECBC Hercules is a medium sized 20 liter backpack that focuses on convenience and durability for stress-free travel and commutes. The padded tablet pocket is located in a clamshell compartment that also holds up to a 17 inch laptop. A fully loaded organizer is available for storing smaller items in the front pocket while the roomy main compartment is perfect for books, clothing or office items. This backpack is made of Kodra nylon, a tear-resistant material with a water resistant coating.
- Backpack Dimensions: 18.4 x 7.1 x 12.1 inches
- Capacity: 20 Liters
- TSA friendly Tablet & Laptop clamshell compartment
- Made of highly durable Kodra nylon to keep contents inside safe and dry.
STM Drifter Laptop Backpack
STM has released a stylish and tech-ready backpack with their Drifter laptop backpack. The tablet and laptop pockets are located right inside the main compartment in a sturdy padded cell that will keep your gear safe against shocks and bumps during wear. The main compartment is also very roomy and can fit school books, work essentials and gym clothes. Other cool features include a soft lined pocket for delicate items such as glasses or a phone, a padded ergonomic back and side water bottle compression pockets.
- Backpack Dimensions: 18.5 x 12 x 7.5 inches
- Capacity: 18L
- Padded tablet sleeve in main compartment
- Tablet sleeve fits tablet up to 9.5 H x 6.7 W x .4 D inches
- Dedicated sleeve for laptop up 15”
- Water resistant
Samsonite Tectonic 2 Medium Backpack
The Samsonite Tectonic 2 is a medium sized backpack made for business travel and daily commutes. We like the quick access to the tablet pocket which is located in the front compartment along with a business organizer for pens, business cards, cables and chargers. The laptop sleeve can be located in separate back compartment and is padded for added security. Additional features such as side water bottle holders and band for securing to luggage makes this a great choice for those who need a high quality backpack with tablet pocket for keeping all of your items organized on the go.
- Backpack Dimensions: 8.2 x 12.2 x 16.9 inches
- Dedicated Tablet/iPad pocket
- Padded compartment for laptop up to 15.6 inches
- Essential business organizer.
Solo Universal Tablet Sling
For those of you who need a small tablet backpack it may be worth considering the Solo Universal Tablet Sling. This isn’t a backpack per se, but it is a great way to carry your tablet safely with room to spare for charging cables, sunglasses and other daily essentials. The bottom zip pocket includes organizers for smaller items such as a phone, power bank or wallet. This is a great options for those who want a lightweight bag for carrying their tablets without the bulk of a full sized backpack.
- Adjustable single strap sling pack
- Dimensions: 13 x 9.5 x 2.5 inches
- Padded compartment fits tablets up to 11 inches.
- Front zipper pockets for extra storage.
High Sierra Emmett Backpack
High Sierra has designed an outdoor inspired backpack filled with modern tech-ready features that is ready for any setting. What we love about the High Sierra Emmett backpack is the special TECH-SPOT tablet sleeve that fits tablets under 12 inches. This special tablet pocket is located in the front zip compartment for easy and quick access when you need it most. Other features a top loading rucksack style main compartment, large zippered side pockets, and plenty of accessory pockets throughout.
- Backpack Dimensions: 19.5 x 10.5 x 8.75 inches
- Capacity: 32 liters
- TECH-SPOT tablet sleeve (12.5 x 11 x 0.75 in.)
- Rucksack design: Adjustable drawstring access to top loading main compartment.