7 Best Concealed Carry Backpacks for Everyday Discreet CCW
Best Concealed Carry Backpacks
Cannae Pro Gear Urban Prefect Bag (Buy on Amazon)
5.11 Covert Boxpack Concealed Carry Rucksack (Buy on Amazon)
- VERTX EDC Gamut Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- 5.11 COVRT18 Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Blackhawk Diversion Carry Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Guard Dog Security ProShield Pro Bulletproof Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
- Tactical Tailor Concealed Carry Backpack (Buy on Amazon)
How we picked the backpacks on this list
- Easy access to firearm through special pocket or compartment
- Versatile enough to be used as an everyday backpack
- High quality materials and construction
5.11 COVRT18 Concealed Carry Backpack
From the outside the 5.11 COVRT18 looks like any other backpack you might see at your local department store. But believe us when we say this ain’t no Jansport. On the inside 5.11 has truly utilized the space by adding plenty of functional compartments, TacTec System webbing in the front pocket and two different ways you can access your conceal carry.
The conceal carry compartment is located in the front pocket and can be accessed on both sides for ambidextrous entry which is a great feature. Anyone looking for a concealed carry laptop backpack will be glad to know that the COVRT18 also includes a padded laptop sleeve.
- 19” H x 12.25” L x 6.5” D main compartment
- Ambidextrous side-entry to TacTec System conceal carry compartment
- R.A.C. compartment conceals a full-sized firearm
- Made of water-resistant 500D nylon
- Padded internal laptop sleeve.
VERTX EDC GAMUT BACKPACK
The Vertx EDC Gamut has all of the features you would want from an everyday backpack with added tactical features you come to expect from a conceal carry bag. This is what makes the Vertx EDC Gamut one of the most versatile conceal carry backpacks on the market today. Virtually every compartment has a clamshell zipper designs that allows the most important compartments to be opened flat.
The conceal carry compartment is located on the back of the pack and includes a velcro lined platform that holds both a full sized hand-gun and separate magazine. One of our favorite features is the quick release shoulder straps that allows you to snap off a shoulder strap to quickly sling the backpack around if needed.
- Dimensions: 22”H x 14”W x 7”D
- Velcro lined conceal carry compartment located in back for quick access
- Main compartment opens flat thanks to clamshell zipper design
- Front flap also opens flat for quick access to MOLLE field
- Sized to fit a 15 inch laptop
Blackhawk Diversion Carry Backpack
Blackhawk has really managed to pull off a super functional and high quality ccw backpack with their Diversion Carry backpack. One of our favorite features is the dual access concealed carry compartment that can be accessed both from the main compartment and through a hidden zipper on the back of the backpack. If you are looking for a backpack with a concealed holster then you’ll be pleased to find a holster built in to the concealed compartment.
Another great feature of this backpack is it’s style. The color scheme and overall design of the backpack does a great job at making it look like a common bag which is perfect for those looking for something discreet.
- Dual access hidden compartment for concealed carry
- Made of 500 denier nylon
- Padded divider in main compartment
- Plenty of hidden pockets, mesh pockets and organizers for all of your gear
Cannae Pro Gear Urban Prefect Bag
The Cannae Pro Gear Urban Prefect Bag is known for it’s smart versatility and emphasis on quick access compartments for both your concealed carry and everyday gear. What we love about this backpack is that the concealed carry compartment is located on the bottom of the bag. This bottom zipper compartment allows for quick access when you need it most.
Other great features on the Prefect bag include a padded laptop sleeve, front pocket organizers and a unique single zip body and top position opening of the main compartment which allows for full or vertical access. This backpack has a lot less “tactical” bells and whistles than other ccw backpacks but for those who need an every day carry backpack with that one special compartment the Cannae Pro Gear Urban Prefect Bag is perfect.
- Dimensions: 19 (H) x 11 (W) x 4 (D) inches
- Concealed carry located in bottom zip compartment
- Available as a backpack (2 straps) or a sling pack (1 strap)
- Padded laptop sleeve for laptop up to 15”
Guard Dog Security ProShield Pro Bulletproof Backpack
The Guard Dog Security ProShield Pro is the only concealed carry backpack on our list that is bulletproof. The bag is NIJ Level IIIA Certified for bulletproof protection and Guard Dog Security even includes certification with each backpack. Anyone looking for a backpack with a concealed holster will be pleased to find one in the back of the ProShield Pro. This zipper pocket is easy access and holds your firearm firmly in place. The backpack itself is not only function but it’s also unassuming. We especially like that the style on the outside is sleek, modern and takes on a lot of the design qualities usually found in business backpacks.
- Bulletproof tested and certified
- Backpack with concealed holster in back zip pocket
- Ergonomically designed back and padded shoulder straps for comfort
- Over 20 pockets and compartments
- 18 inch laptop sleeve and separate tablet sleeve
Tactical Tailor Concealed Carry Backpack
Tactical Tailor has taken their popular single shoulder sling bag design and made it into a full ccw backpack with their Concealed Carry Backpack model. This backpack is perfect for anyone needing a smaller backpack with quick access features. The holding capacity is only 77 cubic inches (1.26 liters) and is just enough room for a full sized handgun, extra magazines and smaller everyday carry items.
The concealed carry compartment provides a built in universal holster and can be found inside the back compartment. It can be accessed through a discreet side zipper for quick access from both the left and right side. Inside the front compartment you’ll find a universal holster as well as an accessory pouch with elastic loops for magazines and other accessories. This isn’t a large concealed carry laptop backpack but the main compartment is still roomy enough for holding essentials. We like that the Tactical Tailor Concealed Carry Backpack is discreet in design and the multiple color options allows it to blend in well with civilian wear.
- Side zipper allows access to concealed carry
- Separate compartment for extra magazine and accessories
- Constructed of lightweight 500D nylon
- Made in the USA
5.11 Covert Boxpack Concealed Carry Rucksack
The 5.11 Covert Boxpack is their first ever roll-top backpack with handgun compartment. Like many rucksacks, the rolltop access to the main compartment allows it to be weatherproof to protect the contents inside. What sets this backpack apart however it’s is discreet concealed carry compartment that is located in the front pocket.
Speaking of discreet compartments, this backpack is filled with top, bottom and side zip compartments that makes organization a breeze. The back compartment allows for secure laptop storage so anyone looking for a high quality concealed carry laptop backpack should take a closer look at what the 5.11 Covert Boxpack has to offer. The main compartment is roomy enough for everyday essentials that you would carry to work or on a full day out. The design itself is stylish and discreet. We definitely believe this backpack is one of the most stylish backpacks to make this list.
- All-weather roll top backpack
- Front pocket access to conceal carry
- Bottom pocket for general storage
- Made of 1680D ballistic polyester
Discreet & Functional: Making the cut
We purposely did not include overtly tactical bags in this review, instead we focused on concealed carry backpacks that can be used everyday and not look out of place. This means no loud branding or excessive MOLLE webbing.
Although tactical backpacks are amazing for a day at the range or for those in military and law enforcement, they are not discreet enough when used on a day out or daily commute. We instead focus on practical daily use ccw backpacks that were toned down in their tactical features. What we feature here are backpacks that will do well when worn during commutes to work, a day out or during travel.
For those looking for tactical style backpacks without the conceal carry feature make sure to check our list of Affordable GoRuck Alternatives that features some great backpacks by some of the brands listed in this article.